Skip to main content

New Release! The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg

You've probably seen this book around. That's because it was one of the four books chosen by Amazon for 'Kindle First' in August.  

The Paper Magician is now available in all formats. 
Congratulations, Charlie!!!
Bound to a magic she never wanted, a young apprentice falls deeper into its mysteries when she must use everything she’s learned from her master in order to save him… and his heart.



Ceony Twill arrives at the cottage of Magician Emery Thane with a broken heart. Having graduated at the top of her class from the Tagis Praff School for the Magically Inclined, Ceony is assigned an apprenticeship in paper magic despite her dreams of bespelling metal. And once she’s bonded to paper, that will be her only magic…forever.

Yet the spells Ceony learns under the strange yet kind Thane turn out to be more marvelous than she could have ever imagined—animating paper creatures, bringing stories to life via ghostly images, even reading fortunes. But as she discovers these wonders, Ceony also learns of the extraordinary dangers of forbidden magic.

An Excisioner—a practitioner of dark, flesh magic—invades the cottage and rips Thane’s heart from his chest. To save her teacher’s life, Ceony must face the evil magician and embark on an unbelievable adventure that will take her into the chambers of Thane’s still-beating heart—and reveal the very soul of the man.


The Paper Magician is now available in ebook, paperback, and audiobook from 47North.

~*~



Homegrown in Salt Lake City, Charlie was raised a Trekkie with three sisters who also have boy names. She writes fantasy novels and does freelance editing on the side. She’s a proud BYU alumna, plays the ukulele, and owns too many pairs of glasses.




Links

Charlie's Website  ~  Charlie on Twitter

Add The Paper Magician to your Goodreads
Get it on Amazon (Kindle, paperback, MP3 audio, Audible)


If you want a sneak peek at the sequel, go here. ;)


Reminder...
Carol Kilgore's Secrets of Honor
and Carrie Butler and PK Hrezo's
How I Found The Write Path
also release today!

Comments

  1. Congratulations to Charlie!! I've seen this around and it looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Charlie - I've been seeing this everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Charlie, looks absolutely amazing. I am definitely getting a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Charlie! The premise of this book is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Charlie - love the cover! Also congrats to PK. And thanks for the reminder about Secrets of Honor - much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS CHARLIE! Sounds like an amazing story... Looking forward to reading it!

    HI, Melissa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Charlie. Your book sounds enchanting. Hope I get to read it. Thanks Melissa for featuring Charlie's book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a magical cover. (reminds me a little of Mary Poppins...)
    Congrats to Charlie!
    I like the story premise, as well as the phrase "A School For The Magically Inclined..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Charlie! I can't wait to read her book. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I have seen it around and it looks and sounds amazing!!

    Thanks for adding my cover! You're such a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Charlie! Very cool cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had this one on my wish list for a long time, will probably get it sometime this year. ^_^ Really looking forward to it, sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, seriously, Charlie, that blurb is FANTASTIC. I HAVE seen the cover around (and I love it!) but I somehow haven't read the blurb. Now, let me preface this by saying that I read an ungodly number of blurbs, and it takes a LOT for me to be intrigued by one - I usually end up buying a book based on the first couple of pages. BUT your blurb totally grabbed me. I'm in. Heading over to buy a copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huh. Sounds like a really interesting concept. I might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )