Skip to main content

Follow Fest '14 - Day 1

Welcome to the first day of 
Follow Fest '14!

Once you've launched your post (instructions here.), copy the link and come sign up on the Linky. 

It will stay open all week.

You can start visiting blogs and meeting other writers anytime. If you already know someone, that's cool. Visit their blog anyway. It'll be a good opportunity to catch up with them and make sure you haven't missed any of their follow options.


Still not sure?
Let me sweeten the pot with a giveaway. :)


Since this fest is for writers, the prize will be the winner's choice of a free 15-page critique or 25% off my regular rate for a line edit or proofread of your manuscript. The winner will be chosen at random from the Linky list of participants. (If a non-writer participant should win, I'll substitute a comparable prize.)

Oh, and I still need help spreading the word.

Feel free to add the blog button to your sidebar and link it to the Follow Fest information page (http://melissamaygrove.blogspot.com/p/follow-fest.html). You can also tweet and follow the progress of the fest on Twitter by using the hashtag #FollowFest14.

Here's a sample tweet:

Have you heard about FOLLOW FEST? #FollowFest14, a cyber meet-n-greet for #writers of all kinds via @MelissaMaygrove http://goo.gl/Z26Bq3


(To tweet this right now, click here.)

The point of Follow Fest is to meet writers outside our usual blogging circles, so share this info any way you can.

Are you ready?
Good! Sign up and get hopping. :) 





Note: Some folks are having trouble adding themselves to the Linky list. If you enter and your link does not appear, even when you refresh the screen, let me know. I can add you.

 

Follow Fest blog button designed by Carrie Butler


Comments

  1. Thanks for organizing this!! I have a very newbie question... how does one find the actual list of blogs to visit? I clicked on the link to add my own, but that's as far as I got. (This is my first time using "Linky") Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got the right idea, Olivia. The reason there aren't many names on the list is that people are signing up AFTER their post goes live this year, and you got here first. If you come back and visit later today, there should be more blogs to visit. The list will probably be growing all week.

      Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
    2. Ahhhh, I see it now :-) Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melissa, I entered my link, but it's not showing up. Are you meant to add it manually or did I do something wrong? (btw, sorry if this is a duplicate. My browser went silly and I didn't know if it went through or not).

    Thanks,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Renee! You should be able to add it yourself.
      I'll go check it out...

      Delete
  3. Melissa, I participated in Follow Fest last year and had a blast. Thanks so much for hosting again this year! Looking forward to meeting many new authors this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, I remembered to sign up on the list before I have no Internet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again Melissa for having this awesome hop! Participated last year and it was so much fun! Looking forward to all the new faces this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ladies. That's so sweet of you to say!
      Hope this year's fest is even better. ;)

      Delete
  6. Met a lot of great writers during Follow Fest '13. This is a great way to connect with like minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting. I discovered it on Twitter and am so thrilled. It's exactly what I was looking for right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you found it, too. :)

      Delete
  8. I love this idea, so signed up and Tweeted. Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to participate Melissa! Hope I did everything right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you!
      I doubt it. But if you did, we'll fix it. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )