Skip to main content

Kreativ Blogger Award








  
Blogger and writer Elise Fallson kindly passed this award on to me. Check out her blog & consider following her on Twitter. She's a talented lady & a friendly blogger.

Here are the rules:
1) Thank and link back to the awarding blog. (Well duh!)

2) Answer the following 7 questions.

3) Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.

4) Pass this on to 7 deserving others.


###

1) What's your favorite song?
How much time do you have? *grin*  I like lots of different music. Hmm. I'll name a few, but I'm gonna show my age...  

Call It Love by Poco
Sad Eyes by Robert John  
Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler  
I Go Crazy by Paul Davis (Cool Night is good, too)   
Still The One by Orleans -- the song I have set as the ringtone for my hubby of 17 years ;) --  Dance With Me is also a fav.
The Circle Game by Joni Mitchell  
How Deep Is Your Love by the Bee Gees 
Still by the Commodores.

Melissa Maygrove's Playlist 1 by Melissa Maygrove on Grooveshark


And for those of you who know what this is:
 Here's S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night by the Bay City Rollers. :D

Saturday Night by Bay City Rollers on Grooveshark


2) What's your favorite dessert?
Anything sweet and soft and gooey (day-old ginger bread, vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce, etc...). Good fruit is a close second (cold watermelon, cantaloupe...).

3) What do you do when you're upset?
I'm gonna piggyback off Elise's answer...
Depends on what kind of upset. Angry upset, I either get quiet or speak my mind depending on the situation and how angry I am. Sad upset, and I usually go spend time by myself...maybe escape into a book.

4) Which is your favorite pet?
Dogs. I like cats, but not their effect on my furniture or their litter boxes.

5) Which do you prefer? Black or White
Black. It's slimming. :) 
(Although white is good for Houston summers.)

6) What is your biggest fear? 
It's a tie between losing everything and becoming homeless and losing a child.

7) What is your attitude mostly? 
Generally happy, but moody.

10 random factoids:
1) I know how to sew.

2) I own a sewing machine that is older than I am, and it still sews.

3) I've crossbred a real, live orchid. (All it takes is a keen eye and a toothpick - ha!)

4) I helped my dad build greenhouses in the back yard when I was a kid (He was the one growing the orchids. He also had a hydroponic garden for a while.) 

5) Statistically speaking, I shouldn't be here. I was born with major heart defects and had surgery twice before I was two to correct them. (Thanks Dr. Cooley.)

6) I play piano, although I'm rusty.

7) I used to collect 4-leaf clovers. They didn't bring me any luck, though. :P

8) I still own a working turntable and vinyl records.

9) I once owned an 8-track player. (Now I'm REALLY showing my age.)

10) Science is my favorite subject. 
###

I'd like to pass this award to:

1) Heather Day Gilbert
2) Sher A Hart
3) C B Wentworth
4) Jennifer McMurrain at Nightingale Stories
5) Lauren at Epilogue
6) Natasha Hanova at Writes by Moonlight
7) Hope Roberson
 

Comments

  1. Congratulations! You totally deserve this award! I am so jealous of your turntable. I have a vinyl record from a band I love, but no way to play it. It came as a free gift for ordering the digital version. I'm busy looking for a record player and so far have had no luck! Hold onto that thing and never let it go!

    Thanks so much for nominating me! :-) I'll work on my post to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to learn more about you, Melissa. :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Did I totally bore you with my oldies??? LOL

      Delete
  3. So fun to learn more about you. And thanks for the award. Better get started on my next post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Melissa!

    I can sew too, but I use my mom's sewing machine which was my grandma's, so it's probably close to my age :) And most my wardrobe is black, I have a hard time going a day without wearing it, hmmm... maybe it's time to go shopping!

    I was just going over my first 500 words of my WiP this morning thought of you :) Thanks again for your AMAZING critique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! My mom bought this one when she was just out of college, I think. She said it was the first thing she bought 'on time,' and she sweated the $5 payments. hahaha

      You're welcome! - for the award and the crit. I'm so glad you found it helpful. I'll be in the market for crit partners and beta readers soon. Maybe you and I can do a test crit and see if we're compatible. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Melissa! CB Wentworth nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award so I followed her link back to you. How great to find a fellow writer. I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )