Skip to main content

Okay, Okay. I'll Do It! - Lucky 7 Meme

 
Recently, I said I wouldn't post parts of my WIPs online, but after thinking about it, I've reconsidered. So go on. Have your fun. Laugh. Scoff. Call me names and say, "I told you so." = P

I was tagged by Ashley Barron. You should check out her blog. She's got some great tips and some interesting author interviews.

For authors tagged by the Lucky 7 Meme, here's how it works:

1. Go to page 77 of your current WIP (work in progress)
2. Go to line seven
3. Copy down the next seven lines or sentences as written and post them on your blog or website
4. Tag seven other authors
5. Let them know they've been tagged

My current WIP doesn't yet have 77 pages, and the one before that would reveal a spoiler, so I chose to use my first WIP titled An Honorable Man. As luck would have it, the random spot came at a major turning point in the plot and made for a perfect teaser.

Here goes... 


Miles looked at the lovely young lady sitting next to him. The sunlight coming through the window shimmered off her flowing, flaxen hair and made her blue eyes sparkle. They were such trusting eyes. How would he ever tell her about his past, his illness, about the danger she was in? He wished the meal could last forever. Once Lauren knew his secrets, her life would never be the same.
“I hope I’m not spoiling any plans you had with Sally,” he said.
"You’re not. She had some seminar to go to. I was facing a boring weekend of sitting around the apartment.” Lauren laughed. “I suppose I should thank you for rescuing me."


*Peeks out from behind laptop* 
There. I did it.

I know you're really gonna hate me, but I'm wimping out on 4 & 5. Not only am I having trouble finding 7 people who haven't already been tagged, I'm knee-deep in the gift critiques I donated last week. So. If you're reading this and you'd like to play, feel free. And if you'll let me know when you get your lines posted, I'll gladly link it here.


Comments

  1. I enjoyed getting a little peek into your WIP. Can't wait to read the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good Melissa. I got right into it wishing there was more to read. So, what danger is Lauren in??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. What danger is Lauren in...hmm... Let's just say the villains aren't the only ones who pose a danger to her. So does the hero, Miles. = )

      Delete
  3. Ooooo, what happens next??!!

    I'm loving your descriptions - a full image of Lauren popped into my head with just these few lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't you love to know. *evil laugh* = P
      Thanks for the comment about seeing Lauren. I sometimes wonder if I go overboard on physical description. I'm a visual person - which can be a good thing or a bad thing. LOL Thanks for taking time to visit. ; )

      Delete
  4. I wanna know what Miles' secret is. Great excerpt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha. Maybe if I get busy editing it and getting it ready to pub, you can all find out. It needs a lot of work, though, so it's on the back burner for now.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! I so needed that today.
      I'm surprised you didn't get a dig in over my posting WIP. C'mon. You can take a swing. ; )

      Delete
  6. I want to know about Miles past - he might find that Lauren is more understanding than he thought :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )